Tatsu Ramen
After writing this LA series, I realized it probably would make more sense if I organize this mostly by the food type lol. Here are the Japanese places that we have stopped by:
Go Mart Sushi
One day, we were craving sushi, so we looked up best sushi places in LA and one stuck out to us. The name sounds so funny, "Go Mart Sushi"? It was listed as top 10 sushi in LA by the LA Weekly. It looks so wrong! It's next to a massage place. The inside is orange really doesn't look like a top sushi place. Once we got the sushi though... it was totally amazing. The fish quality is really superb and the chef had pretty much everything. If I remember correctly, he said he's from Fukuoka and the way he marinate his Saba is a specialty from his home town. While most places has I'd say that my sister is a sushi connoisseur and she has eaten at pretty much every high rated sushi places out there and she even agreed that the fish quality here is really good.
![]() |
| one of the best sushi place is here? What? |
![]() |
| Let's try it! |
![]() |
| Whoaaa~ Gold Leaf! |
Conclusion: Don't judge a book by its cover. :x
Then we checked out another top sushi places from LA Weekly list. This one is called Okumura. I've always wanted to try their steamed Egg custard (Chawanmushi) and it is so good! I like the sushi at Go mart more, but the egg custard here is amazing.
![]() |
| Chawanmushi. *drool* |
Monzo
I love the Udon from Monzo in Little Tokyo next door to the famous Daikokuya Ramen. This time they had Tororo which is made from Yamaimo (potato). It feels like it's so hard to find, so that made me extra happy.
Daichan
My sister and I also went to Daichan for their Poki bowls. It's a lovely small restaurant in Studio City. The decorations there looks like they have collected all these little japanese things for years. There's almost no wall space left.
Futaba, and Matsuhisa
Futaba is another small Family owned restaurant specialized in Okinawan food. I went there with Randy.
We also went to Matsuhisa with my uncle and aunt and ate TONs of stuff there. Unlike Daichan, Matsuhisa is a high end restaurant that the Iron Chef that also owns Nobu restaurant opened. I forgot my camera that day though :(. No food pics from there.
I love the Udon from Monzo in Little Tokyo next door to the famous Daikokuya Ramen. This time they had Tororo which is made from Yamaimo (potato). It feels like it's so hard to find, so that made me extra happy.
Daichan
My sister and I also went to Daichan for their Poki bowls. It's a lovely small restaurant in Studio City. The decorations there looks like they have collected all these little japanese things for years. There's almost no wall space left.
Futaba, and Matsuhisa
Futaba is another small Family owned restaurant specialized in Okinawan food. I went there with Randy.
We also went to Matsuhisa with my uncle and aunt and ate TONs of stuff there. Unlike Daichan, Matsuhisa is a high end restaurant that the Iron Chef that also owns Nobu restaurant opened. I forgot my camera that day though :(. No food pics from there.













No comments:
Post a Comment