Friday, February 14, 2014

Denmark, here I come!

Traveling Kitty. Oliver in Frankfurt Airport.

This Valentine's day morning is very chaotic. Gotta go to the airports with 2 cats. Mitsu is so nice to accompany me because you're only allowed to take one cat per passenger if you want to take them in Cabin. It's a big change for them too, so I'm trying to make things as comfortable for them as possible. He was supposed to go to Japan, but he ended up joining me and also to keep me company before leaving to Japan from Denmark.

Lufthansa Airline this time:
The last two times I went to Denmark were via KLM. Lufthansa was the only one that allowed more than 2 pet spaces plane and more weight per pet inside the cabin, so I chose it this time. I think I like it a little more than KLM. The food was better maybe. I still think Asian airlines are the best though. JAL, Korean air, Thai Airline, Singapore airlines are still better <3

Oliver seems to be used to traveling. He doesn't mind wearing his vest or being on a leash. In fact, he really enjoys playing at the airport. He'd chase after me and would sit when I tell him to. Someone walked by and told me to ask him to give me a high five and he actually did. What a funny cat. Sherlock on the other hand really hates it. He'd keep trying to stick his head in my armpit when he gets out of the cage. It's as if he's trying to go back to sleep to wake up from a horrible nightmare. I took them out at Frankfurt airport because of the 4 hours layover. I wanted them to stretch a bit.

Of course traveling with cats wasn't all that smooth. At LAX security check point, while I was trying to fix Oliver's harness, Sherlock slipped out of his and ran under the table. I chased him down, and Oliver also ran under the table. Luckily, I was able to grab both. I almost had a heart attack. I've heard many stories of cats disappearing at the airport. All I could think of at the moment was "that's not happening to MY cats! argggh" *grabs both*. Then on the plane, Oliver figured out a way to push the zipper of his carrier apart. I ended up having to use a keychain to pull the zippers together. *phew*. Overall, they were very good though. They didn't cry much and slept all the way.

No comments: