Thursday, February 20, 2014

Cat Litter & Toilet paper

I have been traveling around a lot in the past 3-4 months and one thing that I realized is that we use really good Toilet paper in my family in America. I mean really really good and I totally took it for granted. Toilet Paper commercial are always boasting on how amazingly soft their toilet papers are, and they ARE very very soft. We use Charmin, Quilted Northern, and Scott. When I was in Thailand for a month, that's one of the first thing I noticed. Their toilet paper is really not that soft. My friend confirmed and said that they have US Toilet paper there too, but it's like 4 times the price of normal toilet papers. It's the same for Japan, thin and not so soft. Now that I'm in Denmark, I picked up the toilet paper that's a little more pricy than the othera and it's still rough and not that good. My butt must be super spoiled. Thanks a lot mom for always buying such good toilet papers in the US! lol. Paper towels are also the same. Dear Viva and Bounty, I miss you guys too ;_;
Silly Oliver keeping me entertained. That's a toy that I got from Japan. It looks just like him.

Talk about toilet, I'm also struggling to find good cat litter here too. People that knows me already know that I do tons of research when it comes to my cats and they're always getting the best that I can afford. Before coming to Denmark, I was worried because I really don't know what cat food I can get here. My cats mainly eat Wellness, Blue Wilderness, and Weruva daily for wet food and Orijen for dry food. FSc recommended Applaws from ZooPlus that I can order from online. I was very pleased because they also have Orijen. Unfortunately, once I got to Denmark, they said they would not ship to me unless I have a Danish bank card and the billing and shipping address must match. My bank is still in the US, so that's not possible. Thank god, I brought enough food for the cat and a bag of litter with me all the way from the US. It seems I still needed to buy some more sand for the litter box, so I had to get whatever I can from the market near by. This is when I found out that my cats are also little bathroom snobs lol. Oliver hopped in and started sneezing like crazy because of the amount of dust that the new litter had and then gave me a look, but he used it anyways. It was pretty funny. I really do need to get a hold of good litter soon though. My poor cats. They probably really miss their Dr. Elsey's Ultra clumping cat litter just as much as me missing my US toilet papers lol.
Sherlock checking out the new litter.

Today, I made Caprese salad and Mitsu made Hamburg steak that we ate with rice. He didn't have the right sauce ingredients so we had it with tomato sauce instead of the usual Demi Glace sauce. He also made veggie soup. We also bought some pastry from the bakery in the town. This one is so awesome. It's like choux cream puff but with 3 layers: whipped cream, custard, and jam. Yummy :).

No comments: