Saturday, March 13, 2010

Good Matcha & Bad Matcha


Quality matters!... especially when it comes to Green Tea. When you use a good quality Greentea, your bake goods just turn out so much better. The smell of the tea is stronger. The color is more rich and vibrant. *drools*.

I made a batch of greentea cupcake with an okay quality greentea, and it turned out kind of brownish. I was pretty sad, but then the Strawberry Cream Cheese frosting tasted so good. In the end, I couldn't justify using the bad greentea cupcake for such a wonderful frosting, so I went out to get good Matcha powder and redid the cupcake. I'm so happy that I did so. This might be the best cupcake that I've ever made!

The other day, I also made very light textured sugar cookies that kind of melt in your mouth, and crushed almond greentea sugar cookies which are kind of crunchy. They are shown in the picture along with the cupcake :)

No comments: