Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Baking Mood

Now that I have a kitchen again. I've been in a baking mood. Cooking too. Drawing too. *Rolls around*

I've been making a lot of creme caramel/Flan. I think the recipe from "The Best cookbook" makes the best creme caramel of all that I've tried. Even Sunny who doesn't like Flan much gobbled it down.
Other than that, I've been baking from japanese recipe. The thing that I like about it is that Japanese recipe yields really small batches and they're not that sweet. Japanese recipe are also a lot simpler. I almost never have to use my mixer. It just feels better when you're baking with 3 tablespoon of butter versus american recipes with the 2 Sticks! of butter. Then again it yields a lot less amount in the end as well. It's nice because I end up with much less leftovers. Then again when I bake something good, there isn't enough >_<. Well if I like something a lot lot, I guess I could always double or triple the recipe :p.

Today's lunch.. petty simple, but nice and filling.

No comments: