Thursday, February 25, 2010

Rudy's visit Part 2: Disney museum & Exploratorium

I got a membership to Walt Disney Family Museum. The museum is a walkthrough of Walt Disney's biography. I really like how the videos and animations are integrated with the still displays. There was a section on his childhood with stories of his days as a jelly factory worker, a Red Cross volunteer in France, and early animation days. There were also a lot of his drawings, animation cels, maquette, props, etc. The gift shop has many cool things. I was stuck in a section with tons of Mary Blair's merchandise that were event special items for the Tokyo's Color of Mary Blair show. I was really surprised that they had the event items there. There were card decks, pins, postcards, dolls, pouches, etc. I bought an artbook. It doesn't even have an ISBN number, and I couldn't find it anywhere online. Lucky me! :D I really wanted to go to that show, but it was all the way in Tokyo last year, so I'm glad that I could at least purchase the book.

Oh no~~ Sophie's crepe was closed, but I saw cool "GeGeGe No Kitaro" Sake containers at Nijiya market there.
Rudy wanted to try Dim Sum in SF. I didn't really know of a good place, but since he wanted to check out China town, we got some Dim Sum there. It wasn't as good as the ones in Cupertino :(. It was super cheap though :p. The Dim Sum place had strange gooey sesame cookies, so I grabbed some. Rudy almost died after he tasted it. He said it tasted like Chinese sausages and he HATES chinese sausages XD. I actually like Chinese sausages, but not in a cookie form...

Afterwards, we went to the Exploratorium. I liked this smoke puff machine lol. After playing around inside for a while (since everything in there was interactive), we went to walk around outside which was Palace of the Fine Arts. There was a pond with really tame Swans. They came super close to us. The architecture and scenery was gorgeous.

We had dinner at this super uber amazing and authentic Japanese restaurant called Kappo Gomi. I definitely have to go back there again.

We ended the night with eggpuff and Nutella Crepe from Genki crepe. Yum!

No comments: