Saturday, August 15, 2009

Yoshitaka Amano @ New People

I'm finally done with all the current works, so I decided to visit San Jose. There is a Yoshitaka Amano Exhibit at SuperFrog Gallery in the "New People" building that just opened up in Japan Town San Jose. CP and I picked Phi up (she just came back from Japan :D), then we met up Laine, Derek, Alex, and a few other guys. Phi has a really cute Shinzi Katoh bag. I have one from the same series too. She said her kitchen is full of Shinzi Katoh stuff. I'm so jealous! hehe.



The building also has "Baby the Star Shine Bright" Elegant Gothic Lolita shop that brought a lot of cosplay fans. There was a fashion show in front of the building too!


"New People" building also has a shop that carries a lot of vinyl toys and shirts like Nucleus and Giant Robot, but there are also a lot of other goods like Blythe and Japanese Craft supplies. I saw a cute Junko Mizuno shirt, so I bought one for Carina who really likes Junko Mizuno stuff :).



Here are some more random pictures of the art on the walls and the kushidango cart outside of the building.


After that we met up with James and ate Curry at "On The Bridge". They are SO SLOW >_<. James Plate came out 15 min before mine. Phi and I ordered curry with raw eggs that were supposed to cook when you put them into the curry. Unfortunately, the curry was not hot when it came out. The raw eggs didn't cook, so it was really gross. Sophie's crepe was yummy as usual though :).

No comments: