
We took KLM and had a layover at Amsterdam Airport. That airport has really tasty food! I kind of craved thai for some strange reason, so I ordered a thai fusion place which surprisingly wasn’t too bad. We ate the whole thing. (On the way back, we had sushi and Udon, those were amazingly good.)

Upon arriving in Denmark, the first thing i notice is that their power outlets are super cute. I mentioned that to the project manager in Denmark and she laughed. She said since they are so used to it, they never noticed that it looks like a happy face.
Lego is extremely strict about confidentiality, so I won’t put up the pics of their super cool office. It’s more like a toy store though. Everywhere you go, you see Lego models. They also had a wall with a collection of the Complete Star Wars minifigures. There is a giant room that has all the Lego parts. The designers there are so lucky. They get to play with Legos all day. That definitly seem like a fun job ;) There were a lot of prototype models and Kids would come by to test out their new ideas and products. The designers were really friendly. The team that we worked with were extremely nice. Other than a few Danish girls, the others came from different countries like France, England, Portugal. We also got to shop at the Lego Employee shop. Since the other designers went crazy by the Lego Architect series, Pailin and I bought a set too. They said it’s really hard to get a complete because each of them are sold at different places. The only place that they know that carry the whole series is the Employee shop (plus we also get a discount ^_~). It was fun filling our bags with those Lego Architecture series (top image) and tons of minifigure keychains.
They actually wanted us to stay for 3 weeks, but I could only stay for 1 week because I also have some work to do for MEG as well. On the last day, the team took us to Lego Land and ate at the castle there. The menu descriptions were funny. I got the salmon that was caught “from the sparkling water of the King’s own river” lol. Oh and Denmark has really good dairy product. I don’t know why the yogurt, icecream, milk taste extra great there.

No comments:
Post a Comment