Monday, June 1, 2009

Maker's Faire


Pailin and I took a trip up north to Maker's Faire in San Mateo. Maker's Faire isn't just a little craft show. There were tons of really cool stuff there. I also thought it's very friendly towards kids. There were a lot of booths that have sitting areas for DIY projects. I have no idea what most of them were doing, but I wanted to make something cool too! lol


There were so many unique interesting ideas: Little mechanical robotic things, cool steam punk stuff, and a lot of nifty craft goods. There were also some really cool costumes and cute hats :D. I took so many pictures.





It was such a tiring day, but I had a lot of fun. We started out as a big group with Derek, Laine, Tabitha, Elda, Jill, CP, Pailin, and me. Then we ran into Hyu, Juno, Dan, Benny, Ohmi, L0cke, and Ling. Eventually we kinda lost everyone and ended up with L0cke and Ling though lol. I think I will definitely try to go again next year. Afterwards, we met up with Saka and Alan for Pixar's UP 3D. The 3D glasses weren't very comfortable, but the movie was super good. I was trying really hard not to cry, but .. *sniff*. At night, CP and Pailin were teaming up for Pixel Junk until 3am @_@.



Bonus Video of the cool wooden toys XD (with Pailin's sound effects in the BG)

No comments: