Friday, November 9, 2012

Talisman enchanted Tattoo

I just got a tattoo. My mom actually persuaded me to do it for good luck. It's an old thai tradition that dated back for a very long time. This tattoo is actually a spell that works kind of like a talisman to ward off evil spirits and bring you luck. It consists of 5 lines of scripts. The master that did the tattoo is very skilled and hard to find. There are a lot of copies of his designs, but I got the real person >:D.

I like that this looks pretty and the lettering is very interesting. Plus it also serve as a charm. He was so skilled. It took him only 15 min. It was done with a bamboo stick. For thai talisman type tattoo, you can choose to have it done with oil (which is invisible) or with ink. I chose the ink because I think the design is pretty plus I like it as a memory. For one, if I'm going to get a tattoo, it felt nice to have it done the traditional way. I feel like I'm preserving our tradition somehow lol. Secondly, it's something that my mom felt strongly about. I know she loves me very much and it's a charm that she wanted on me, so it's also a reminder of the love from my mom <3. It went by pretty quickly. You have to pray as he's putting the tattoo on you. I think my tolerance for pain is quite high. I didn't move at all. Everyone else said I looked so zen lol. Other people would flinch or cry :(. Overall, it was a very interesting experience.
My back

Not my back, but that's the process. He blesses you afterwards too.

No comments: