Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Food Network/LA Times Picnic



It was an amazing event hosted by Giada from Food Network. The location was nice. The food were amazing. This was Picnic on the Hills hosted by L.A Times and Food Network gathering 30 amazing restaurants and 30 wine vendors together. All you can eat goodness :). I went with my mom. The thing that stood out for us was the Pitfire Artisan Pizza booth. We had the heirloom tomatoes with Burrata cheese pizza and it was probably the best pizza ever. We all agreed that it's better than Mozza Pizzaria by the the Iron Chef Mario Batali, so that's saying a lot. The guy that was making the pizza also said that he's heard that quite often :p.

Waffle de Liege had interesting waffles. They were made of dough, so the texture reminded me more of Roti than waffle.. I liked them. Ice Ice Shavie also had very good shaved ice. They tasted like they were made of real ingredients rather than artificial flavored syrup. I loved the orange one that I had. They also had a mojito flavor which James would probably love. Angelini, Inn of the seventh ray, The Counter, Pizza Antica, Fig & Olive, BLD, Sprinkles... they were all there.

I wish I have better pictures of this event, but the whole thing was a big blur because I got a call from the vet saying that my cat will need to be put down the next day because he didn't respond too well to the IV fluid and the blood transfusion. Despite the event being really amazing, we were just all too sad to stay and eat more, so we left to go pick up Coco from the vet.

No comments: