Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Dinner

Alan came to visit for thanksgiving. He seems to be keen on the idea of having a turkey for thanksgiving, so I went shopping for one. I personally don't really care about eating a turkey for thanksgiving. I never understood why it has to be Turkeys, plus I feel kind of bad that so many are killed at the same time @_@. It was quite adventurous though. We were super busy working that week up until the last minute, so I went shopping the day before Thanksgiving. I wanted something that's already cooked like from Honeybaked ham, but then I saw the line that had about 50 people going out the door. OMG.. maybe I'll try Whole Foods. They only had semi-cooked Turkey left, so I took the little 11 lb Turkey home with me. (The 11 lbs Turkey looks so tiny next to Alan XD). I kind of panicked and ended up grabbing a bunch of other things at the grocery store too. It ended up being about $200 lol.


The next day, I made my super yummy Garlic Mashed potatoes. I also made Cranberry sauce from scratch, and that was actually a lot of fun. I've never done that before. After it starts to boil, the cranberries explode and pop! The Turkey was big, so after I rubbed it with lots of spices and love, Alan took over >:D. It actually came out pretty yummy. I'm glad I didn't spend HOURS trying to make it from scratch and bake the thing for 12 hours lol. Since this turkey was pre-baked, we only need to stick it in the oven for abouth 2 hours. I haven't had Turkey for thanksgiving for a long time, so it was good :). I guess it wasn't too stressful overall, and I think it was a pretty tasty meal. I got to use my special plate set too! yay!


No comments: