Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sculpture Class


I wanted to learn how to sculpt so I took up a sculpture class at LAAFA. I was debating between a 3D class or a sculpture class, and decided to go for sculpture because I think I stare at the computer way too much nowadays. In the end, if I like to sculpt, yay! If not, it can only help me with drawing right? Wow, Sculpturing is soooo tiring! I swear I wake up with muscle soreness the day after each class every week!

David is a great teacher. He is very meticulous. I love the fact that he always try to say the nicest things. I remember during my first class, he was staring at my piece and said "Hmm.. Hmm... how should I say it? .. Um.. Your observation skill is very weak." (Hahaha.. nice way of saying "you suck! Look at the model carefully dammit!") xD. After that, I tried EXTRA hard to observe, but I think my observation skill was still weak T_T.

10 weeks flew by so quickly. People in class were so nice, and I made a lot of new friends. I was the only newbie in the class. Everyone else has taken sculptures before. They were all amazing. I didn't even get close to finishing, but I learned a lot, and that's what matters I guess :).



No comments: