Saturday, October 4, 2008

Bernini at the Getty's


My sculpture teacher at LAAFA was kind enough to gather his students for a little field trip to the Getty's Museum. Afsaneh, Pete, and I decided to carpool to the museum. Too bad they didn't allow any photos to be taken. I was sooo tempted *itchy hands* especially because they were Bernini's Portrait sculptures. Most of the works displayed were done when he was in his twenties, and they were phenomenal. How can someone do something like that out of marbles at 25 years of age??? I love Bernini's works, so it was very exciting for me. The trip was fun, and I met a lot of other sculptors that were friends of Pete and Afsaneh.

Oooh and I learned something about the beautiful sculpture which was one of the main attraction. Costanza Bonarelli was his assistant's wife, which was also Bernini's mistress, and Bernini's brother's mistress as well. O_O Scandalous!!! lol

No comments: