Saturday, September 15, 2012

Sketching Trip @ The Switzer fall



My teacher organized another outdoor sketching trip to The Switzer fall area. I had just recovered from food poisoning a week ago, and decided that an outdoor sketching trip would be a good thing, so I decided to join them. The group is smaller than usual this time, but it's probably because the weather forecast kept saying that it's supposed to be one of the hottest day in September ever. I packed a lot of drinks and food, so my bags actually had 1/3 art supplies and 2/3 water and food lol.
Drawing outdoors is so hard. It's difficult to find a good spot to sit and my butt would hurt because we tend to end up sitting on rocks and things. Then there are bugs crawling up my legs or ants attacking me. The sun usually would creep up on my paper and shine super brightly, bouncing the light off of the white sheets, hurting my eyes T_T. And I can't move because I'm in the middle of painting from that point of view. Despite all these, it's still a very fun trip. The air is nice, you can hear water streams, the trees are big and it just feels very peaceful *Zen mode* haha. I also always enjoy talking to my teacher's girlfriend. She is such a cool person. It's just that she gives out such a positive vibe and aura. She's also super talented. I want to grow up to be just like her!<--- this sounds so funny lol.

No comments: