Friday, January 7, 2011

Pixar @ OMCA SF


Pixar Exhibit at Oakland Museum of California is summed up to one word, "wow". I remember when I first saw Finding Nemo in the theater, I almost cried because the colors of the film was so beautiful. Not only that it was beautiful to look at, it also had such a wonderful story. Nemo, Up, Monsters Inc., Toy Story all made me teary T_T. Even their shorts are amazing! Okay I'm sounding like a crazy fangirl now.

Anyways, I love the color scripts, the character sketches, and the maquettes were soooo cool. They also have the Pixar Zeotrope which was just as brilliant as the Studio Ghibli's Zoetropein Japan. My favorite thing though, is probably the little Edna sketches on the wall below the Edna displays lol. They look like doodles from a character sheet.

They didn't allow photos in the Pixar exhibit, but they did allow you to take pics inside the rest of the museum. I've never been to this museum before, but I really enjoyed it. There were a lot of things to see. I wish I took my dad with me when he was here. The history section of the museum was very fun.


No comments: