Thursday, January 14, 2010

Rembrandt @ The Getty

I went to the Getty Museum with Rudy yesterday. Lak was too lazy and Gary was stuck at work until late :(. There is a Rembrandt Exhibit which has a display of a lot of Rembrandt's works as well as his pupil. I liked the show. I like how Rembrandt tends to depict the flow of the wind in his sketches and I like atmospheric effects that he does. His art has such a nice flow.

The Getty Museum has a beautiful architecture. Rudy was running around taking pics lol. They also have a garden that is also quite nice with a lot of interesting plants and trees.




I love the image of the girl laying down on the banner, but they weren't selling that as an art print or a postcard >:( So as a souvenir, I got a print of Bougoureau's painting instead :p. Oh well, Bougoureau is one of my favorite artist anyways. Plus I saw the original at the Getty Museum, so that still makes a good souvenir for this trip :). He paints the nicest skin!!(below) I still want the Rembrandt's girl too though! wahhh!

Now that I'm all inspired, I need to go look for Red and Black Chalk, White Gouache, and Brown Ink! :p

No comments: