Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Gardena's Mochi & Paradise Cake

Rudy was bored, so he called us to see if we wanted to hang out. I decided that we should go to Gardena. There are a lot of japanese places there, so they probably have cute little japantown like in SF and LA! I was really looking forward to the mochi shops because of all the reveiws on Yelp too. When I got there,
Sakuraya mochi was closed D: ... why???? They just had to be closed on the day I decided to drive over an hour away to explore Gardena. Well at least Chikara Mochi was open and they had super cute mochi :) I actually kind of like the chocolate peanutbutter mochi lol. I white bean ones were kind of dry. I liked that one from the shop in San Jose better. We also went to have Yakitori from Shisengumi and they were tasty too. I was too lazy to take pics. Too many food porns :p Oooh we did, however, stoppd by King's Bakery. The famous company that makes King's Hawaiian sweet bread! I finally got to try the infamous Paradise Cake. *drools* I liked it. I want more! Rawwr.


The Nijiya Market there is huge!!! They had tons of interesting things such as the cute little chick mitten that I wanted so badly. Too bad it's like $15!! My face isn't worth it.

No comments: