Saturday, November 29, 2008

James Jean @ Nucleus


I went to Nucleus Gallery yesterday because I heard that James Jean was going to be signing there. I thought that'd make perfect presents for some of my James Jean "fangirls" friends ;p. The signing was from 8:00pm-10:00pm. I got there at around 8:10, and the line was out the door. It was COLD outside!!! I was already there though, so I figure, I might as well wait in line too. The line moved very slowly. I wonder if it's because of this one guy from some comic shop that I saw with a box of comic books for him to sign.

In line, there were 2 girls that seemed very excited in front of me. Behind me were a guy and 2 pretty girls. They were talking and then the girls left. I thought they went to look around while the guy save their place for them.

Sooo I waited.... (8:45pm).. waited... (9:00pm) I'm half way through yay!....waited (9:30pm) .. still not there yet but at this point there were maybe 10 people in front of me.

I noticed that the girls behind me were still not back, so I turned around to ask the guy if they were shopping. I was going to tell him that I will save his place for him, if he wants to go get the girls. He said "Oh no, that's James' wife, and the other girl is my wife. They went to get something to eat." @_@ Why is he in line for 2 hours then??? lol. So I said, why don't you just ask James' wife for his autograph later? XD. He said it was okay because he got to look around at the Gallery while waiting in line. Aww isn't he nice? He could have just gone up there in front of all of us. He said his name is Alex and asked me if I'm an artist too. We talked a little, then it was finally my turn Yay!

I was all nervous. Since there was still a long line behind me, I felt like I was trying to hurry because I felt bad for the people behind. James Jean was very friendly and kind. He drew a quick sketch inside the Fable book for everyone too. Alex said that he (James Jean) is going to have a Gallery show in New York soon.

Before I left, I was looking around, then I ran into Alex again (small shop). I said I was looking around in case I find other gift items, and he said "oh, I know a good one" and grabbed me a book that was on the shelf right behind me. "This one is really good cuz it's mine" @_@. So I bought the book, and he kindly signed that for me. It's rare to run into a talented artist that happens to be standing behind you in a line waiting for another artist's autograph XD.

In the end, eventhough I waited 2 hours for the autographs for my lucky friends, it was a very fun evening. I was really shy and nervous around all these talented artists.




Oh Bonus pic from Old Town Pasadena XD. I was walking around there before I stopped by Nucleus. It's so beautifully decorated.

No comments: