Saturday, September 6, 2008

Gallery - Fresh Faces


Project Gallery in LA is having a show called “Fresh Faces” showcasing four different artists: Nimit Malavia, Yuta Onoda, Dominique Fung, and Martha Chan. I especially liked the work by Yuta Onoda because they have a nice feel to them that kind of reminds me of James Jean. Nimit Malavia arts also have really nice lineworks. Gary’s friend (James) ran into his Tokyopop CoWorker (Asuka). I thought she looked familiar and later found out that she’s a member from the artist group Ta-su. What a small world! We used to meet at different conventions. Ta-su had awesome shirts! Gary used to work with James when he was working at Tokyopop. James works with Asuka. I did some works for Tokyopo, but I knew Asuka from Conventions, and then Yuta Onoda was like “hey, you’re Asuka? I know you!” It was so funny. Asuka also came with a friend that was so cute. I forgot her name, but she was running around with her bright orange camera taking pictures of random things on the street lol.



And Sweet Gary got me Belated birthday presents.. Awww. Gary always pick the cutest gifts. If I have about 30 Gary-s around, then my room will be full of the cutest things! (I love my owl. It's solar powered, so the head shakes back and forth as if he's saying "no no no" all day lol. It's by the window entertaining my cat at the moment.)

No comments: