Sunday, February 24, 2008

Death By Chocolate 2008

Sunny, James, Pailin, and I took a trip to Napa for the Death by Chocolate Event at Copia. We are definitely going back next year! It really is like a chocolate land. A lot of small and large chocolate company goes and gives out free chocolate samples (in forms of chocolate pieces, cakes, ice cream, etc.). I really liked Patchi Chocolates. I also think Askinosie had really cool packaging. There were a few giant chocolate fountains around for all you can eat fondue as well.


They also had a Chocolate tasting class by Gary Guittard. I love Guittard chocolates. I only bake with Guittard chocolates, so I was extra happy to stop by his class. It was very educational. He really knows everything about chocolates. Then went to watch Chef Claire Clark's demonstration. She is the head pastry chef of the French Laundry. We also got to sample some of her desserts. Seriously, she has some sort of a magic touch. She used her hand to make everything (no tools), and they just came together and form amazingly tasty desserts. We really didn't want to touch anymore chocolates for a while by the end of the day. x_x .. but I was so happy.